Welcome to my site. I am currently an Applications DBA at Nationwide, specializing in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL with a focus on performance improvement. I have been working with SQL and PL/SQL since 2002. I have spent several years developing in both OLTP and Data Warehousing environments, learning much along the way.
I am a strong believer that there are no silver bullets when it comes to developing SQL and PL/SQL.
Ideal performance is attained either through luck or through understanding. I do my best to understand how Oracle functions so I can develop or tune code that will best take advantage of Oracle's strengths given the specific situation at hand.
Hopefully you will find something useful either on my blog or through the links on the right. If you have any questions or comments about this site or my services, feel free to drop me an email.
"Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing."
- Warren Buffett
DisclaimerThe views and opinions on this website, in presentations, and those I share in person or online are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer. As you should with anyone, please don't just trust what I say.. Try it out for yourself!
- Expert Oracle Data Architecture - Tom Kyte
- Optimizing Oracle Performance - Cary Millsap & Jeff Holt
- Troubleshooting Oracle Performance - Christian Antognini
- Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals - Jonathan Lewis
- Oracle PL/SQL Programming - Steven Feuerstein
- The Data Warehouse Toolkit - Ralph Kimball & Margy Ross